An SS 3 student, Godwin Ejeh, of Jesus College Otukpo lost his life in the school hostel.
The deceased was attempting to charge his phone directly from a naked wire when he met his untimely death.
Mr. Ella Samuel the principal of the school told IDOMA VOICE that, "I received a call from one of my staff yesterday while I was on an assignment that one of my students has been shocked by electric, that I should rush down to the clinic immediately.
On getting to the clinic, “I met his dead body. Getting back to my school and after some findings, I discovered that incident happened while he was trying to charge his phone. According to another student by the name lucky who witness the incident. I sincerely sympathize with the family of deceased and I pray his soul rest in perfect peace, Amen".
The deceased corpse was deposited at the mortuary of Otukpo general hospital. He was laid to rest yesterday 7th October 2016 in Owukpa, Ogbadibo local government area of Benue state.