UNILAG SUICIDE: We Attempted To Raise Our Friend From The Dead — Detained Campus Fellowship President Stated

According to the Nigerian Tribune, the four students of University of Lagos (UNILAG), who were arrested at Ifo for attempting to resurrect their late schoolmate will on Tuesday (today, Apr 5) report at the State Criminal Investigation Division at Panti, Yaba, for further questioning.

According to the leader of the four, and President of the church fellowship in UNILAG, Mr Raphael Awe-Obe, the police is yet to inform them what the charges against them were. Awe-Obe told Nigerian Tribune that contrary to earlier claims attributed to him in the media, he and the other three officials from the Fellowship had actually gone to Ogun State with the sole purpose of waking Jacobs up from the dead. He, however, said they never attempted to exhume the body.

“His (Jacobs’) uncle told us to come to Adenrele Primary School, Ifo,” Awe-Obe said, adding that, “when they told us to come there, our hopes were up, because we believed it was for a prayer session. On our way to Ifo, we decided that when it was our turn to pray, we must pray that Jacobs should rise from the dead. “As Christians, we believe that when people die, they sleep. We just felt that after all the prophets would have prayed, when it was our turn, we could actually wake him from the dead. There are examples in the Bible. Lazarus died for four days, and he was raised from the dead. 

“But when we got there, we realised that he had already been buried. We met the aunt (Jacobs’). We told her we wanted to pray for him. We told her the truth: that we believed if we could pray on the body that he would wake up. She told us it was not possible since he had already been buried, and that bricklayers were already working. We asked her if we could still pray, and she said we could, but that we should do it away from the grave and that’s exactly what we did.”

The students, who were transferred to the Lagos Police Command after three days in custody, in Ogun State, were released on bail, Thursday night. “They just asked us to return on Tuesday (today) at 10:a.m.,” Awe-Obe said. “We have not been charged for anything. We don’t know what they want to charge us with.”

Share on Google Plus


Post a Comment

Thanks For Visiting My Blog...