PICTURED: Six-Year-Old Girl Abducted From Lagos Barracks

A six-year-old schoolgirl, Oluwajuwon Akinsanya, has been abducted by unidentified persons at the Ojo Military Cantonment, Lagos. The primary one pupil of Maryam Bliss International School, Ojo, was said to be sleeping in the room with her parents in Block II, Flat 5, Engineer Quarters, when she was whisked away by the abductors.

The abductors also carted away the phones, money and recharge cards of the victim’s parents. Little Juwon’s mother, Yetunde, said that the family had yet to be contacted by the abductors be it for ransom money or any other thing since the incident happened in January.

She recounts that she had visited more than 200 places seeking help, even being sexually harassed in one of the religious houses she visited. Yetunde said:
On January 20, 2016, around 4.30am, while we were asleep, I suddenly heard a loud noise and I woke up. I checked the floor where my daughter normally slept, but I didn’t see her. Her younger brother, Enoch, was on the bed with my husband and I. I thought she went to the toilet to urinate.

“However, when I checked the place, I didn’t find her. It was when I got to the kitchen and met the door opened that I knew intruders had come in. They came in from the kitchen. They took my bag and removed all the money there. They also emptied my purse where I kept the recharge cards I sold to people. My husband’s phone was equally taken away.”

She reported the matter to the Ojo Barracks Military Police they promptly arrested the victim’s father fingering him as the most likely suspect. He was, however, later released and three other suspects arrested.

The victim’s mother, a trader, said “I complained to my in-law who took me to his church, and he called the pastor in my presence to challenge him. “The pastor told him on the telephone that he only used a candle to rub my Bosom because that was what my child sucked; and my private parts, because that was where she came out from. He said he did it so that the deliverance would be quicker,” she said.

Oluwajuwon’s mother, who expressed dissatisfaction at the way the military were handling the case, said she asked for a transfer to a civilian police station, but the Officer-in-Charge, Major Obot, refused.

The victim’s father, Sunday, a sergeant, said he did not suspect his relatives or girlfriend, adding that he was also not in support of the matter being transferred from the military. He said, “My wife is only suspecting my relatives and girlfriend because before this incident happened, we had a misunderstanding.

A counsel in the Femi Falana Chamber handling the case, Mrs. Olakitan Boluagbaje, said the chamber was preparing a petition to the state Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, for the case to be transferred from the military police.

  via - Heraldng

Share on Google Plus


Post a Comment

Thanks For Visiting My Blog...