According to Vogue Italia, fashion and style was and still remains top on the hierarchy of individual mode of expression in Nigeria and Africa in general.
The Italian fashion magazine showcased ten Nigerians who by no means are excellent examples of the sartorial temperature that characterizes Nigeria, specifically, Lagos, the commercial capital, a microcosm, say, of Africa’s most populous nation. This ten are by no means a comprehensive count but a sound snapshot.
- Jim Iyke was especially astounding—he embodied swagger, charming mischief, an ineffable libertine air and such winning rakishness.
- TV Host/Actor Uti Nwachukwu was another favorite, a gentle, handsome, suave gentleman with a loving, kind disposition and affability.
- The equally handsome TV Presenter/Actor Alexx Ekubo was the perfect model par excellence—thoroughly fluent with his body;
- same for the great actor Gideon Okeke.
- Nonetheless, you have Julius Agwu, the preeminent, gregarious, comedian;
- the cool fashion designer Mai Atafo’s style functions as a shorthand for his vocation;
- the hot actor/TV host Ozzy Agu also employs dressing as it were visual thoughts of his interior erudition;
- the very debonair singer Banky W, a shade smug in his midnight-blue velvet blazer, concealed as much as he revealed a certain bon viveur air;
- fashion eminence grise Noble Igwe boasts perhaps the most luxuriant beard in the country and exhibited such an economy of chic;
- and the very young fashionista/personality Denola Adepetun, the lanky kid, was ever so soigné.
Honored to be featured on this month's #Vogue Italia (L'uomo Vogue) as one of Nigeria's ten most stylish men. Photographed by the unduplicatable Ike Ude. @ike_ude. Read link http://www.vogue.it/en/uomo-vogue/people-stars/2016/02/nigerian-extra-vaganza. Grab a copy soon. Daalu!! #MenWithClass #L'uomoVogue #IkeUde #Gladysboiz #HarvPapa #StalkerMovie #StyleChronicles