TRAGEDY!!! Fire Outbreaks Burns 3 Orphans To Death In Nasarawa State

Three orphans of the same family were on Thursday night burnt to death at Ntsakpe village, Akwanga LGA of Nasarawa State. The fire, it was gathered, started after the family had gone to bed and flammable material placed by a lighted candle went up in flames.

Saturday Tribune reliably gathered that the deceased, who were aged between 7 and 15 years, lighted a candle and placed it inside a box, and thereafter went to bed. Investigations further revealed that the box got burnt to ashes and consumed the entire room, resulting in the death of the three children.

But a family source, who did not want her name in print, said “the children, who were orphans of the same family, died as a result of smoke inhaled from burning candle in their room while sleeping.”

The village head of Ntsakpe, Mr. Ladan Mbreki, while confirming the incident to Saturday Tribune, lamented that the community has never witnessed such incident since its creation, describing the death as painful and a great loss to the community.

Also confirming the incident, chairman of the local government area, Mr. Abashi Koto, said he was shocked over the death and implored the entire people of the area to be more cautious in the use of flammable materials.

When contacted on phone in Lafia, the state capital on Friday, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Ismaila Numan, an Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP), said the children were dead following the burning candle that consumed their room after they fell asleep.

Share on Google Plus


Post a Comment

Thanks For Visiting My Blog...