PHOTOS: Comfort Yinusa Who Cried Rape After Night Out At London Pub and 'Let Down Genuine Rape Victims' Is Jailed

Jailed: Comfort Yinusa claimed that two men had sexually assaulted her after a night out
A young woman who cried rape after a boozy night out was told she had "let down" genuine sex victims as she was jailed for eight months. Tube worker Comfort Yinusa wasted more than 100 hours of police time after making the false report she had been raped and sexually assaulted by two men outside an east London pub.

The men she accused were subjected to a "humiliating" ordeal, spending six weeks on bail and hours in police custody as a result.
False Claim: Yinusa arrives at the Old Bailey to be sentenced for making a false rape claim
The court heard how one of the men had felt "shocked, shame and stigma" after being falsely accused by Yinusa, who had a history of cocaine and alcohol abuse. At an earlier hearing at the Old Bailey, Yinusa pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice ahead of her trial.
Yesterday [Jun 19]y, she wept in the dock as judge Peter Rook QC told her that despite her "genuine remorse" she must go to jail.
Comfort Yinusa leaving the Old Bailey
Behind Bars: Yinusa was jailed for eight months by a judge today for perverting the course of justice
National Pictures
He told her: "Taking all the circumstances into account this matter is so serious that only a sentence of immediate prison is appropriate. "You have let down genuine rape victims. Your actions have led to two innocent men being put through the humiliation of arrest and all the procedures that followed."
Her actions had also led to the "wasting of precious police resources", he said.
However, the judge noted that the rape claim was not part of a "long-term vendetta" against an intended victim and the Kingston University drop-out was now a different person.
The court heard how Yinusa was intoxicated when she accused the men of attacking her outside a pub near Liverpool Street station in the City.
Comfort Yinusa
Let Down: The judge said Yinusa had let down genuine rape victims and humiliated two innocent men
She said she had left the Dollshouse club with them and made the allegation after phoning her boyfriend in distress and asking to be picked up.
Two police officers and an ambulance with two paramedics were sent to investigate and treat any injuries.
But detectives discovered CCTV footage at a nearby McDonald's restaurant which showed Yinusa and her two alleged attackers laughing together.
Phone records also revealed one of the men was walking streets looking for his car when she claimed the alleged rape happened.
More than £3,000 was wasted on forensic inquiries until her arrest in December 2013.
Court Hearing: The Old Bailey heard thousands of pounds were wasted on police inquiries as a result of her claims
Prosecutor Heather Stangoe said Yinusa refused to be medically examined the day after making the claim and failed to turn up for police interviews. She later told detectives she did not want to go ahead with her complaint. But in the meantime, one of the suspects had spent 14 hours and the other 16 hours in police custody.
The court heard that Yinusa, of Tilbury, had alcohol issues and used cocaine for three years before the incident. Since then, the defendant, who was of previous good character, found a job working for London Underground helping members of the public.

   - Mirror, UK

Share on Google Plus


Post a Comment

Thanks For Visiting My Blog...