TRAGEDY!!! Generator Fumes Kill Man and Wife In Ogun State [PICTURED]

The Lawals and the house
Tragedy struck in Ibafo, in the Obafemi Owode LGA of Ogun State when a couple, Mr and Mrs Tunji Lawal, were found dead in their house after inhaling generator fumes. The couple who had just moved to their newly built apartment in Isokan Estate, Ibafo, both worked in the Bariga area of Lagos State. They hailed from Ibadan, Oyo State.

According to PUNCH:
Neighbours found the couple dead in their house on Monday, March 30, with their generator working in one of the rooms in the building. The matter was reported to the Ibafo Police Division. One of the neighbours, who identified himself simply as Daniel, said they suspected the couple was killed by the generator fumes, adding that the generator was still running when they forced the door open.
When the house was broken into, Mr Lawal was found on the bare floor, while the wife still lay on the bed.
Another neighbour, who declined to mention her name, said the residents were attracted by the sound of the running generator, adding that such was unusual in the house. She said, “Usually, they leave home very early every Monday. But, on that day, we noticed that the generator was still working by 8am, which was unusual. So, we knocked on the door but there was no response. When we later forced it open, we discovered the corpses.”
The first child of the couple, Afeez Lawal, argued that he did not believe that his parents were killed by the fumes. He called on the police to investigate the matter thoroughly.
He said, “Neighbours said it was generator fumes, but I still wonder how my parents did not wake up if it was fumes. Daddy was a light sleeper. He sometimes listened to news till the midnight. “Both of them did not stay in Ibafo. They only came home for weekends. I want the police to adequately investigate this case.”
The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Muyiwa Adejobi, confirmed the incident, adding that the police had released the bodies to the family for burial. He said, “When we performed a post-mortem, it was revealed that fumes killed them. We have released their bodies to the family for burial.”








Share on Google Plus

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Visiting My Blog...