Outgoing President Goodluck Jonathan is talking tough as he pledges to handover a terrorist free country to the President-Elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.
Mr. Jonathan made this known in Abuja on Thursday [April 30] while receiving a delegation of Heads of Customs from the West and Central African Region of the World Customs Organisation led by the Secretary-General of the organisation, Dr Kunio Mikuriya.
The former Governor of South-South state of Bayelsa said he will ensure that all Nigerian territories still held by terrorists and insurgents were totally liberated before May 29. The President said that on going military operations in the North-East had already recorded huge successes.
He said two states were completely free from the control of terrorists while operations in the third state had reached a concluding stage. “We can now say two states are completely free from terrorist control, while in the third state, it is only in one Local Government Area that they are still present.
“That is in the Sambisa Forest,” he said.
Jonathan noted that the military had already moved into the forest to seize the remaining camps of the terrorists. He added that the recent rescue of no fewer than 300 abducted girls and women was further evidence of the success being achieved in the ongoing operation.