Generator Goes Up In Flame, Kills SS3 Student In Bauchi State

A 16-year-old boy, Mubarak Aliyu Gidado, who was writing this year’s ongoing May/June West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has died from injuries he sustained when the generator set he was trying to start went up in flames and got burnt. The boy, an SSS III student of FOMWAN Model Secondary School, Bauchi, died two days after the incident at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital (ATBUTH), Bauchi.
According to the bereaved father, Aliyu Mohammed Gidado, the generator set, located at the back of the family’s residence at the Federal Low Cost Housing Estate in the state capital, went off in flames when the deceased tried to start it last Wednesday. He informed that the fuel in the set ignited fire and the resultant flames consumed his son, who he said had been operating the same set for many years before the incident.
‘It was Wednesday, April 22 around 7:00p.m. after evening prayer when my son went to start the generator. The fuel just ignited fire and the flames consumed him as he struggled. He came out of the area but his body was burnt from head to toe,” the bereaved father said. He stated that every effort made to save the deceased proved abortive, adding that the doctors at ATBUTH gave him a 50-50 chance of survival.
“The doctors gave him a 50-50 chance but his condition worsened and he was placed on life support machine but his heart failed and he gave up,” Gidado said, adding that his son was billed to write Mathematics on Thursday, April 23.
While lamenting the sudden death of his son, Gidado, however, expressed gratitude to God for a life well spent by the deceased, whom he described as an obedient child while alive. “As a father you can’t quantify grief of losing a child. It is God that gives and takes and we cannot question him. I thank God for Mubarak’s life. He was an obedient child. He wanted to study Computer Science but now he is no more.
“He was a good child. The whole Islamic School students and teachers came to my house to sympathise with me on learning of his death. May his soul rest in peace,” he said.

Share on Google Plus


Post a Comment

Thanks For Visiting My Blog...